Refreshing Strawberry and Mint Ice Lollies
It’s FINALLY summer here in London and I’ve been experimenting with some fun warm weather recipes. You know, the type of food that you want to eat when the temperature rises and you desperately need to cool down.
I made this ice lollies at the weekend in less than 10 minutes (not including freezing time!) and they went down a treat.
What you need:
1 cup strawberries, washed and hulled
1/2 cup raspberries, washed
150ml coconut water (I like Rebel Kitchen)
3 medium-sized fresh mint leaves, chopped (You can use 1/2 teaspoon of dried mint if you don’t have any fresh mint)
Ice lolly moulds
A freezer (!)
How to make it:
- Wash and hull your strawberries, then drop them into your blender cup. I use my Nutribullet for this, but a hand blender or Magimix would work just as well.
- Add the washed raspberries.
- Pour in the coconut water.
- Add the fresh mint.
- Blend until strawberries and raspberries are smooth.
- Pour into your ice lolly moulds and freeze. Depending on how cold and full your freeze is, the lollies will be ready in about 2-4 hours.
- Save the leftover mixture for more lollies or use it in your morning smoothie!