I made these very moreish date, cashew, seeds and cinnamon balls on Saturday and needless to say, they were almost all gone by Monday morning. Hence the name, more balls – you know, because you want more!
They’re a really nice variation on the date bars I usually make and seem to hold their shape better too. Perfect for picnics, lunch boxes and post-workout snacks!
What you need:
25 medjool dates, pitted (I really like the Ocado own brand dates – they’re really good quality and inexpensive)
100g cashew nuts
75g sunflower seeds
75g sesame seeds
3 tablespoons cinnamon
1 blender (I prefer to use my Magimix to break down the dates and seeds)
How to make it:
1. Add the cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon into a blender and pulse until the mixture is crushed and blended.
2. Drop the dates into a blender and pulse until they are combined. It’s super important to stop before the dates turn paste-like, as this will make it much harder to roll the mixture into balls.
3. Add the dates to the dry mixture and combine with your hands until the wet and dry ingredients are fully combined.
5. Wet your hands slightly (this makes the dates less sticky), take some of the mixture and roll it into golf sized balls.
6. You should be able to make about 20 – 25 more balls from the mixture, depending on how generously you size the balls!
7. Take the rest of the cinnamon and dust it over the top of the finished more balls and enjoy! They should keep for about 5-7 days, if covered, but I bet they go faster than that!