The opportunity struck today when I massively over ordered eggs (accidentally!) in this week’s Ocado grocery delivery.
I’ll admit that I’ve never made one before, so I relied on some advice from my husband and random Googling to cobble together this recipe from things in my fridge.
And what an easy and tasty lunch, with lots of leftovers to take to work in the week!
8 medium or large eggs
3 peppers, ideally red and yellow peppers give the dish some nice colour
3 garlic cloves
4 small buffalo mozzarella bocconcinos. (I like this brand)
1 large courgette
Salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200c.
- Use olive oil to oil a square of greaseproof paper and fit into a pie dish.
- Finely dice the garlic and sauté in one tablespoon of olive oil on medium-low heat in a non-stick frying pan until soft.
- Chop the peppers and add to the garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, with 2 teaspoons of rosemary.
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat to release the sweetness of the peppers.
- While the peppers and garlic are cooking, crack 8 eggs into a bowl.
- Fold the eggs so that the egg yolks and whites are combined.
- Cut the mozzarella into quarters and add to the egg mixture.
- Chop the ends off the courgette and using a vegetable peeler, peel the courgette into long strips. Add to the garlic and pepper mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
- Take the sautéed vegetables off the heat, add to the egg mixture and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the oiled greaseproof paper lining the pie dish.
- Put into the warmed oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the frittata is completely set.
- Serve with mixed leaves and enjoy!